Data protection notice
Collection of personal data
This data protection notice contains information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party under Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
THE MS OFFICE SA
CH 1196 Gland
President of the board of directors: Sabine Kehm
Responsible editor: Sabine Kehm
Commercial register entry: Commercial register office of the canton of Vaud CHE-103.510.657
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, we save the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number) so that we can answer your questions. We delete those data when it is no longer necessary to save them, or, if we are required by law to retain them, we restrict our processing.
(4) If we use the services of third-party providers for certain functions of the website, or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will notify you as described in detail below. The period for which your data are stored is set according to the criteria described.
(1) You have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
- The right to be informed
- The right to rectification or deletion
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing (see § 7 below)
- The right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about how we process your personal data.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit the website merely for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with any other information, we store only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. For technical reasons, we require the following data to provide access to our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of enquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website from which the request originated
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software
Personal data are deleted from the server after 7 days.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|CookieConsent||Cookiebot||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
(2) In addition, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your web browser. They transmit certain information from your computer to the website you are visiting (in this case our website). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functions of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include in particular session cookies. These store a session ID by which multiple queries from your browser are assigned to the general session. This enables your computer to be recognized again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a given time, which can be different for each cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish. For example, you may refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do so, you might not be able to use all of this website’s functions.
This website uses features provided by the online analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow us to analyse how you are using our website. The information generated by cookies about your use of the website is generally sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. IP addresses are anonymised before being processed.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by configuring the settings of your browser software; however, we would like to advise you that if you do so, you will not be able to use all of the functions on our website to their full extent. You can also prevent the data generated from the cookies relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being acquired by or processed by Google. To do so, click the link below and download and install the browser plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Preventing data collection
This website uses the Google Tag Manager. This service allows website tags to be managed via an interface. The Google Tag Manager itself does not set cookies, only tags and does not collect any personal data. The service triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, this will remain in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
To protect your requests sent via an online form, we use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google). This check is used to distinguish whether a human has input the data or whether the website is being misused by an automated, machine-based process.
On our website we use links to the social networks Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram in a way that does not establish any direct connection between your browser and the server of the social network in question. The symbols of the relevant social networks appearing on our websites are simple links to our own pages on these networks. Responsibility for ensuring operation in compliance with data protection regulations rests with the individual network providers.
This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Font Awesome for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display text and fonts correctly.
Right of objection and revocation
(1) If your personal data are being processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation.
(2) You have a general right to object to direct marketing.
(3) To object or to revoke your consent, please send an email to the address given in § 1(2) above.
We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Art. 22(1) and (4) GDPR.
Voluntary provision of personal data
The provision of the above-mentioned personal data is always voluntary. However, for technical reasons you cannot use our website without an IP address.
Right of amendment
(1) We reserve the right to amend this data protection notice with future effect when we amend our website or if required to do so due to technical or statutory changes.
(2) This is the current version of the data protection notice as of August 2019.