Data protection notice
Collection of personal data
This data protection notice contains information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party under Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
THE MS OFFICE SA
PO Box 708
CH 1196 Gland
President of the board of directors: Sabine Kehm
Responsible editor: Sabine Kehm
Commercial register entry: Commercial register office of the canton of Vaud CHE-103.510.657
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, we save the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number) so that we can answer your questions. We delete those data when it is no longer necessary to save them, or, if we are required by law to retain them, we restrict our processing.
(4) If we use the services of third-party providers for certain functions of the website, or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will notify you as described in detail below. The period for which your data are stored is set according to the criteria described.
(1) You have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
- The right to be informed
- The right to rectification or deletion
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing (see § 7 below)
- The right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about how we process your personal data.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit the website merely for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with any other information, we store only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. For technical reasons, we require the following data to provide access to our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of enquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website from which the request originated
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software
Personal data are deleted from the server after 7 days.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|CookieConsent||Cookiebot||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
(2) In addition, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your web browser. They transmit certain information from your computer to the website you are visiting (in this case our website). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functions of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include in particular session cookies. These store a session ID by which multiple queries from your browser are assigned to the general session. This enables your computer to be recognized again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a given time, which can be different for each cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish. For example, you may refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do so, you might not be able to use all of this website’s functions.
Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with any other data held by Google.
(3) ou may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing these data by downloading and installing the browser add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are further processed in a shortened form so that personal identification is ruled out. As far as the data collected about you are personal, the identification is excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve use of our website. The statistics obtained from this allow us to optimize our content and to make it more interesting for you. In the exceptional cases where personal data are transmitted to the US, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is provided by Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR.
On our website we use links to the social networks Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram in a way that does not establish any direct connection between your browser and the server of the social network in question. The symbols of the relevant social networks appearing on our websites are simple links to our own pages on these networks. Responsibility for ensuring operation in compliance with data protection regulations rests with the individual network providers.
(1) We use Google Fonts on our website. These are fonts provided by Google to ensure that our website is displayed as uniformly as possible on different devices. A connection to Google’s servers in the US is established when you visit our website for the first time and at regular intervals thereafter. This enables Google to identify the website and IP address from which the Google Fonts are accessed and to identify the IP address from which each website is accessed.
(2) The Google Fonts are supplied by Google LLC. The contact details contained in § 4(6) of this data protection notice also apply to Google LLC.
(4) The legal basis for the use of the Google Fonts is provided by Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on displaying our website as uniformly as possible on different devices and thereby efficient web design.
Right of objection and revocation
(1) If your personal data are being processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation.
(2) You have a general right to object to direct marketing.
(3) To object or to revoke your consent, please send an email to the address given in § 1(2) above.
We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Art. 22(1) and (4) GDPR.
Voluntary provision of personal data
The provision of the above-mentioned personal data is always voluntary. However, for technical reasons you cannot use our website without an IP address.
Right of amendment
(1) We reserve the right to amend this data protection notice with future effect when we amend our website or if required to do so due to technical or statutory changes.
(2) This is the current version of the data protection notice as of August 2019.